Salman Khan Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
Admin (14)
Salman Khan’s ‘jaw pain’ returns  I_vote_lcapSalman Khan’s ‘jaw pain’ returns  I_voting_barSalman Khan’s ‘jaw pain’ returns  I_vote_rcap 
ANIL SHAH (2)
Salman Khan’s ‘jaw pain’ returns  I_vote_lcapSalman Khan’s ‘jaw pain’ returns  I_voting_barSalman Khan’s ‘jaw pain’ returns  I_vote_rcap 
dkhan (1)

I forgot my password

Poll

Salman Khan’s ‘jaw pain’ returns

Go down

Salman Khan’s ‘jaw pain’ returns  Empty Salman Khan’s ‘jaw pain’ returns

Post  Admin Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:41 pm

The actor, who underwent a surgery for trigeminal neuralgia, has been complaining of a knot in his jaw lately

August 2011, while many of his fans prayed for his good health, Salman Khan flew out to the United States of America to undergo treatment for Trigeminal Neuralgia, a nervous disorder the actor had been detected with.
After a five-hour-long surgery that involved removing blockages inside his mouth using coils and a few weeks of recuperation, the actor had come back home to start work on his YRF project. And while shooting for the Kabir Khan film in Cuba last month, Salman started experiencing pain again. According to a source from the film unit, "Salman is feeling a knot in his jaw."

Last year, when Salman had to eventually go for treatment overseas, he had been experiencing acute pain in his jaw. In fact, he wasn't being able to eat properly. A return of the pain, though in a much lesser intensity is therefore a point of worry for the actor.

While one may suspect that the strenuous stunts involved in the film might have triggered Salman's condition again, the source from the unit said that Salman never showed any sign of discomfort while he was shooting.

Describing Salman's attitude towards the condition, a close friend of the actor told Mumbai Mirror, "Salman is on medication for the same. But he doesn't worry about it much. People suffer from all kinds of conditions - blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol. This too a physical condition. This doesn't mean that it will deter Salman from living his life to the fullest.

Salman started experiencing this health problem about seven years back. The nagging pain however, vanished completely in a couple of years only to reappear in June last year.

Despite repeated attempts of getting in touch, Salman remained unavailable.

Trigeminal Neuralgia is curable. It can resurface if the surgery was not done properly - Prof Aadil S Chagla

Doctors Speak

Prof Aadil S Chagla

Trigeminal Neuralgia is curable. It can resurface after a surgery but that depends on how the surgery was done. If it is done well, 90-96 per cent cases do not experience a recurrence.

I operated on the Principal of St Mary School, for Trigeminal Neuralgia. He is now a priest in Infant Jesus shrine in Nashik. He has been perfectly fine after the operation.

Dr. Janak Nathan I would say Trigeminal Neuralgia is controllable. It can be controlled with surgery and/or medication. There are no dos and don'ts. But yes, it can resurface after two years or maybe even after two months. The triggering factor could be something cold - food or even a breeze. It's all very individualistic.

Dr. Paresh Doshi If one undergoes a brain operation to treat Trigeminal Neuralgia, the chances of recurrence are 10 per cent. But the latest and safer procedure is to treat it with Radio Frequency Coagulation, where the chances of recurrence are 15 per cent. If the brain operation does not yield fruitful results, one has to undergo Radio Frequency Coagulation.

Original Post Here- http://salman-the-best.blogspot.com/2012/03/salman-khans-jaw-pain-returns.html
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://salman.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down